Post by Members Posts on Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:08 pm

Continued from Matureozchats....
Members Posts
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Re: Meet Migaloo

Post by Members Posts on Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:25 am

One of my work colleagues is a whale fanatic. She's actually part of a research team in her spare time, that collects data about whales.

That's where my info comes from, and my education and love for cetaceans. I support and follow Sea Shepherd and the good work they do.

I have seen Jurassic World twice now, but the first time I saw it I just remember feeling really depressed that the whole thing was just like Sea World. I won't ever set foot in one of those places again until they stop making highly intelligent, sentient beings, be imprisoned in a swimming pool to do clown tricks for the reward of dead fish. Ugggghhh. Don't get me started. Cheeky

Today I read a really poignant post from Blue Cove Days about seeing Lolita, an orca, perform at a Sea-World type pool:-

"Today I got to see first hand where Lolita has been living for the past 45 years. I have seen so many pictures and videos but it was still absolutely shocking to enter the "Killer Whale Stadium" and see just how small her pool really is. It was so disheartening to see so many people crammed into that stadium to laugh and point and this beautiful intelligent creature who so obviously does not belong there.

They have added a schpiel into the show about how the ocean is polluted and she is better off at the Seaquarium. They also said male orcas live to 30 (not true) and females live up to 50 (more lies). The most heartbreaking part was when they prompted Lolita to call out, and she did, a complex beautiful song native to that of her pod. A language none of us speak or understand - not the humans, the dolphins, the manatees, the birds. People just laughed, took their pictures after the show and went about with their lives. ‪#‎ShutDownPalace‬"

Posted by Krashlanded
Members Posts
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Members Posts on Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:26 am

I agree Krashy, and once again they are exploiting this animal for their own selfish gain. The oceans are not that polluted that it would cause this animal stress, it's a load of rubbish along with the mentality of the ignorant who laughed....their all morons. a-Smile

Posted on Twitter, and now we are following, thanks for the info Krashy +2 bonus points. Applause

"Bloody disgraceful, let her go, all the reasons they justify to keep her are rubbish, it's for their own greedy self gain!!!"

Visit us on our other sites!
Blogger
Twitter
Google Plus

Posted by RB
Members Posts
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Members Posts on Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:27 am

It is really sad. Orcas live in a matriarchal society, the males don't leave the pod. Each pod has its own language, so if you put two animals from different pods together in a swimming pool, they can never understand each other. I would strongly urge you to watch Blackfish if you get a chance.

Posted by Krashlanded
Members Posts
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Members Posts on Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:28 am

I tried to find a site to watch Blackfish on line last night, but it said that it wasn't available in my area, plenty of downloads, but I ain't goin' there!! Looks like I'll have to hire it and watch it.

Very interesting ref the languages Krash, they are very complex mammals.

Visit us on our other sites!
Blogger
Twitter
Google Plus

Posted by RB
Members Posts
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content