Conflicts & War, What have we learned?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Conflicts & War, What have we learned?

Post by Rbjustme on Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:50 am

Ever since man stepped foot on earth, there have been conflicts, conflicts from a very small scale such as two individuals who disagree on something trivial but is important to each one, such is life. Then we move from one extreme to the other to full scale conflicts, all out war. War has been raged throughout the centuries and is generally festered by the first point of the two individuals who, in some cases cannot agree for whatever reason, even to the point of not giving in through pride and even obstinance, a deadly combination, which if not resolved, will lead to and escalation of that dispute, and, in some cases leading up to a deadly outcome, even further escalating the problem.

A waterfall begins with one tiny drop of water, war begins with one small issue as in the above example, but most descent thinking people resolve the dispute through rational thinking and experience gained from prior lessens learned from other encounters. However in essence, it is not all that simple due to the individuals genetic make up and many many other factors which determine who we are as individuals, and how we interact with other people in general everyday life, which in turn is influenced by the people to whom we are interacting with.

So what has changed after centuries of living together on earth with regards to the above mentioned? In my opinion, not much. We are still, to this very day confronted with the same conflicts between individuals and full scale war, reiterating back to my first point once again. Although, attitudes have changed in some people but not others, however, the differences have grown to become a lot further apart which has further escalated the common practise to resolve issues, making even the simplest problem far more difficult to resolve. Money, power, ego, self gain, individual obstinance and pride, being the main causes of such conflicts.

When it all boils down, it seems that mankind has not learned much at all in resolving conflicts, even after two world wars an all those prior to them. Korea, Vietnam, Iraq mark 1,2 and now 3, Afghanistan, Syria, and the list goes on and on. The only thing it seems that has been learned, is to build better weapons and war machines in the name of self defence putting the very existence mankind itself in jeopardy. The waterfall is growing as it did prior to the many other conflicts that have occurred on earth, but once again as before, the wrong drop has started that waterfall.

Will we ever learn? Thinking

Image source:
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/c/confucius104563.html

Members Medal  Bronze Medal  Bronze Star  Silver Medal
Silver Star  Gold Medal  Gold Star

Australia's friendliest forum.
Building a happy community.
Doing it our way!

Google Plus
Rbjustme
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.matureozchat.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Conflicts & War, What have we learned?

Post by kelimar on Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:45 pm

Sadly, I think not RB.  It's all about power, and the imbalance of wealth.  I think we have a lot to learn from the poorest of people, who have very little, but are often deemed the happiest.  They work together and share their resources.  Even in the most severe circumstances, which we could not even imagine, they somehow find things to be grateful for.  I have met a few such people here.  Beautiful people who are now given a chance to have a better life.  One thing in common that they all share, is a profound sense of community, and I think that's the key.  While people are bound by a sense to help each other - war and domination doesn't enter their minds.
kelimar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rbjustme on Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:23 pm

Thank you for posting Kellimar, If only the majority of people would think along those lines, what a far better world it would be. Thanks Nice thread Wow

Doing it our way!

Google Plus
Rbjustme
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rbjustme on Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:17 am

Just thinking about this once again Kellimar, it's always one person that starts these conflicts, a very tiny small minority, backed by sheep, all in it for self gain. It's just like they push a self destruct button.

Doing it our way!

Google Plus
Rbjustme
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Peacekeeper on Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:24 pm

There is another reason Rb, greed!!! I want what he's got, so I'll invade his land and steal his oasis or gold laden mountain or whatever. Then off course so many of our current societies are geared to war because it keeps the masses employed. A sorry way to look at things I know, but my opinion has been formed over a number of years.
Peacekeeper
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rbjustme on Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:59 pm

Many many years indeed, and still it's evolving, but the worst part of it, is that the people who want power and greed, pass it on to their children and therefore it is inbred. There doesn't seem to be a way of stopping it. 

Do we, as humans need these conflicts to teach us something for whatever reason. If so it cannot be for this world. I wonder

Doing it our way!

Google Plus
Rbjustme
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kelimar on Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:07 pm

Perhaps we should adopt the Buddhism way of life. Live frugally, peacefully, and do no one any harm. I guess this is nirvana, and I'm yet to see or experience a violent Buddhist. Their teachings about karma have real relevance when you consider that the world is yet to understand fully that what goes around, comes around.  Greed and violence used as a dominant form of control is to invoke fear - a powerful way to keep the masses in their place.  Sad, but still true to this day.
kelimar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rbjustme on Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:42 am

Nice bit of philosophy there Kellimar, such is the power of Karma.  study

Doing it our way!

Google Plus
Rbjustme
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum