Domestic Violence-Alcohol & Drugs

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Domestic Violence-Alcohol & Drugs

Post by Rbjustme on Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:18 am

Peacekeeper wrote:Instead of flying off on boondoggles, the money would be better spent training more police and trying to get this dreadful scourge of domestic violence.  Governments need to listen to the people who vote them in for a change. Frustrated

Exactly... Thumbs up mate! Thanks

Members Medal  Bronze Medal  Bronze Star  Silver Medal
Silver Star  Gold Medal  Gold Star

Australia's friendliest forum.
Building a happy community.
Doing it our way!

Google Plus
Rbjustme
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.matureozchat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Leroy on Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:51 pm

Policing it is the problem, so I cannot see it doing any real good, except cutting the time needed to grant the orders.
Leroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Peacekeeper on Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:11 pm

Have been listening to the fact that a couple of people have died after taking drugs at this Stereophonic music gig. Someone suggested they should have tablet testing facility at the front gate so patrons could check their drugs for safety - WTF drugs are illegal, why don't they just have a zero tolerance policy at these events and chuck anyone under the influence, carrying, or selling these drugs, into the paddy wagon. Get fair dinkum, if I accidentally go over .05 and drive my car I will get the book thrown at me and alcohol is a legal product, and I have never in 50 odd years of driving been pulled over or guilty of intentionally being over the legal limit.

Sometimes I feel like I live in a different world Frustrated
Peacekeeper
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Rbjustme on Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:05 am

Drug Testing At Venues?

We have all read and watched in the news once again the loss of life due to illegal drugs, this time at the stereophonic concerts, once again people are screaming for solutions, and some are calling for drug testing equipment to be placed at these venues.

To me, this is a band aid for a problem that is sweeping the world and has been for many years. You can run media campaigns, publish broachures, run TV commercials and do everything possible to let people know the dangers of these substances until we are blue in the face, but it won't stop people taking drugs.

It comes down to the individual's choice to make that decision knowing the risks involved. Drug testing facilities at venues to test pills bought by consumers to see if the pill could be lethal or not will only tempt people who may not have bought the drug in the first place knowing that it could be fatal to take the drug, but if it is able to be tested and proven that it will not kill them, then we have another user who will become addicted and suffer permanent neurological damage, and possibly eventual death anyway.

This system has been in place in Europe for about 25 years and they say that it has saved lives, but I wonder how many people now take drugs that may not have taken them, if those testing facilities had not been available, because their pill was deemed not to be lethal?

Your thoughts?

Doing it our way!

Google Plus
Rbjustme
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullant on Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:33 pm

I'm sorry, but I cannot see the sense in any of this. I don't believe that drug testing at venues will solve the problem, as Rb mentioned it's an avenue to play Russian Roulette with your life, long term if not immediate!

If people do not heed the warnings and statistics, then what more an be done?
Bullant

Back to top Go down

Post by Leroy on Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:45 pm

Rb has started a topic on that very issue. Another thing that I will mention is the amount of child deaths lately! What the hell is happening to society? Fright/Cold

http://www.matureozchat.com/t52-alcohol-illegal-drugs#2826
Leroy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rbjustme on Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:08 pm

Perth was heading this way before I left over 10 years ago, drugs and violence was becoming a part of everyday life, now suddenly something has been published about it.

I ended up looking like this guy one night, just for asking him to keep the noise down. a broken jaw, 2 fractured cheek bones and 32 stitches under my left eye which left a permanent scar. I had angina at the time and was defenceless, and the attacker I knew well, and he knew I had heart problems at that time. He sarcastically asked me how was my heart going.

This is a reality check for anyone going out at night, not only in Perth but every where.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/unprovoked-violent-attacks-in-perth-give-victims-no-chance/news-story/39dfc53b94dedac7bbbc6a654e11bacc#load-story-comments

Doing it our way!

Google Plus
Rbjustme
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rbjustme on Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:26 pm

My first question here is, Where the hell are the parents?? Asleep in a dream world somewhere?? A party advertised on Facebook by a 15 year olds mate had over 1600 people that were going to attend. It was promoted as taking a party to take to the next level. Police have shut it down. What the hell is in peoples heads these days, you don't need loads and loads of alcohol to have a great time!! Some of the best times that I have had at gathering have been alcohol free. The only side effect was a sore tummy from laughing.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/teenagers-friend-promoted-next-level-party-on-facebook-gets-shut-down-by-police-20160304-gnamzg.html?eid=socialn%3Afac-14omn0021-optim-nnn%3Anonpaid-25062014-social_traffic-all-organicpost-nnn-age-o&campaign_code=nocode&promote_channel=social_facebook#link_time=1457067951

Source: The Age.

Doing it our way!

Google Plus
Rbjustme
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullant on Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:59 am

This is the way that society is going, and yes to me it looks as though their parents never knew anything about it. Sigh
Bullant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum