No Unemployment bennifits for six months?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No Unemployment bennifits for six months?

Post by Rbjustme on Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:58 am

....Continued from our old site....
Rbjustme
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.matureozchat.com

Back to top Go down

Re: No Unemployment bennifits for six months?

Post by Members Posts on Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:19 am

My 16 yo is excited to have just landed his first after school job. He's only going to earn $12 casual per hour, and work 7 hours per week. He's been applying for similar jobs for around 6 months, as have many of his friends - it is not so easy for them to find work, even though they are the ones employers want as they don't have to pay them much. Even places like Woolworths/Coles, Kmart etc are not employing as many people due to the self serve checkouts.

Posted by Leather_Tuscadero
Members Posts
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Members Posts on Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:20 am

Leather_Tuscadero wrote:
My 16 yo is excited to have just landed his first after school job. He's only going to earn $12 casual per hour, and work 7 hours per week. He's been applying for similar jobs for around 6 months, as have many of his friends - it is not so easy for them to find work, even though they are the ones employers want as they don't have to pay them much. Even places like Woolworths/Coles, Kmart etc are not employing as many people due to the self serve checkouts.

Congrats to your son LT.

My son did the same when he was 14 , and still at school . My nephew also tried getting work in woolies /Coles etc but kept getting knocked back, he eventually got a job as a trolley boy for part time work while he was studying. He is now an apprentice boiler maker and also works in his mums restaurant on the weekends.

Posted by Fallyn
Members Posts
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Members Posts on Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:20 am

Tips wrote:
Alot of my friends complain that asylum seekers are taking "our" jobs, but then again my mates aren't willing to do sod all to get the job, they have this belief that it should be handed to them. Or they'll blatantly refuse to work for min wage! I'm like "give your bloody head a shake! It more than you're on now numb nuts!"

Things are improving over here by the way, it's not half as bad as it use to be.

That being the case mate, they have no right to complain about it, it's their own fault. I like the bit of positive stuff though, when you say that things are improving over there.

Visit us on our other sites!
Blogger
Twitter
Google Plus

Posted by RB
Members Posts
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Members Posts on Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:21 am

Leather_Tuscadero wrote:

Here we have another proud Mum!!! and an excited young fellow starting his first after school job, well done to both of you LT.

Visit us on our other sites!
Blogger
Twitter
Google Plus

Rbjustme has been thanked by:
Leather_Tuscadero

Posted by RB
Members Posts
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Members Posts on Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:21 am

That's good to hear LT, my grandsons both referee junior basketball for their part time jobs, $10/game, but still more than Mum and Dad were going to pay them for pocket money

Peacekeeper has been thanked by:
Leather_Tuscadero

Posted by Peacekeeper
Members Posts
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum